Monday, November 17, 2008

Calorie Frustration

I have probably thought about this before today, but for some reason it clicked. It is so frustration to know that I spent 45 minutes this morning burning 750 calories in the gym, only to give them right back in a hurry.

Once I got home and sat down for lunch I had replaced the 750 calories in less than 10 minutes. To make it worse I don't even feel like I had enough to eat, but if I am going to stay on my "diet" and lose the weight the Dr.s are all telling me to.

I know experts will tell me that losing weight is burning calories over an extended period of time. Don't look at it one workout or one meal at a time.....but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'm starting a new music/jogging website which is studying the effects of using Music while exercising (particularly jogging or running) called runningmusiclist.com . And I was wondering if you could link to my website with the following html.

Running Music

I will of course link back to your incredible website as well,

Thank you very much,

I can link to you from several high traffic websites if interested,

contact me at jordashtalon at gmail dot com

Jordan

Dennis Francis said...

Losing weight is actually losing fat. We want to keep the muscle and internal organs but shed the subcutaneous fat and internal fat as well. That process is like growing wheat.
You'll want to focus on getting healthier and constantly varying your activities. I'm in a similar situation where I seem to gain weight when I pump iron. I try to ignore it as my strength and fitness level shows obvious gains.